Filing for a divorce in Atlanta?
If you have been served with a divorce proceeding, or are contemplating filing for divorce, you may have a number of questions and concerns. Who do you turn to? How do you get started? Who do you trust?
Give us a call (770) 217-9893.
Let us help you get the answers you need and provide the advice you can trust. Divorce is complicated and riddled with emotion, now is not the time to go it alone. Let us help!
What information should you bring?
- Download the Client Meeting form and bring it with you to our meeting. Fill out any information that you can and we can help with the rest.
- Download this Domestic Relations Financial Affidavit (DRFA) form -It will serve as a guide for what financial information you will need to have at our first meeting. All current financial information is important in determining your settlement options and division of assets.
- Copies of recent Income Tax Returns, W-2s, and 1099s
- IRA account information
- Credit card statements
- A recent mortgage statement
- Property appraisals
- and any other documents that help in determining the marital assets and debts of you and your spouse.
Please don’t feel obligated to bring in all of this information, as it is certainly something we can look at a later date and time if necessary. We may be able to provide specific enough information based upon what you know your financial circumstances to be.
If you have children, the more financial information you are able to provide will also help determine what type of monthly child support payment you might expect. This will also be dependent on the ultimate custodial arrangement.
Although we do charge a consultation fee, you certainly have no obligation to hire us to represent you. The initial consultation is a perfect opportunity to gain a fundamental and valuable understanding of your divorce, as well as interview a prospective attorney to represent you.
Ask us your questions, let us guide you through this emotional time. Set up a meeting today! We can help!
Call Atlanta Divorce Attorney Tom Rowsey at (770) 217-9893